Whether you’re at the office, on the road, studying or doing exercise, even moderate dehydration can affect your mental and physical performance1. Your body loses water even when you’re not physically active.
Tips for maintaining optimal hydration:
- Make sure you are getting enough fluids and electrolytes, no matter what activity you are engaged in.
- Keep a bottle of water with you during the day and refill it regularly. Add a slice of lemon to make it more palatable.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty, drink water frequently.
- Keep a couple of sachets of REHIDRAT® handy at all times as an easy way to hydrate after fluid loss, no matter where you are.
It is important to drink plenty of fluids if you are suffering from diarrhoea, vomiting or a fever.
- Try ingesting small amounts often as opposed to a large amount infrequently2.
- If fluids can’t be kept down, it is advised to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are dehydrated you will have lost sugar and salts as well as water. Drinking a rehydration solution will enable you to re-establish the right balance of body fluids2.
- REHIDRAT® has been scientifically formulated to replenish your body with an optimal balance of the sugars, salts and vital fluids that are lost through sickness.
- It is crucial to prevent dehydration, not just treat it, so make sure you replace lost fluids before, during and after sickness.
Heat and outdoor
In hot, humid weather sweat does not evaporate and cool the body as quickly as it normally does, leading to an increase in body temperature and the need for more fluids3.
In the harsh South African sun, it is necessary to take precautions against heat stroke, brought on by prolonged exposure to high temperatures and dehydration, resulting in your body’s inability to regulate its core temperature3. Symptoms of heat stroke include throbbing headaches, dizziness, weakness, extremely high body temperature, confusion, nausea and hot, red and dry skin3. In order to help prevent heat stroke it is advisable to drink plenty of fluids and use an electrolyte replacement4 such as REHIDRAT® in order to replenish the body of lost fluids and minerals.
When travelling, staying adequately hydrated can be more challenging than usual.
Tips to keep you hydrated when travelling:
- When you are on a flight somewhere, make sure you stay hydrated and drink lots of fluids during the journey.
- Unusual diets and unsanitary conditions may cause diarrhoea or vomiting, so keep a couple of sachets of REHIDRAT® handy at all times as an easy way to hydrate no matter where you are.