Signs & Symptoms
- Loss of appetite5
- Weight loss5
- Abdominal pain5
- Peri-anal itching (itching around the bum)5
How Do I Get Worms
Worms are easily spread, through the likes of contaminated water, air, pets/ pet fur and even bed linen4. Worm eggs can adhere to clothing and contaminated hands4. Worms can also be spread by walking barefoot on contaminated soil or sand3.
What Types Of Worms Do You Get1
There are many different types of worms which can affect humans.
- Adams V, Markus M et al, Paradoxical Helminthiasis and Giardiasis in Cape Town, South Africa: Epidemiology and Control. African Health Sciences 2005.
- Vermox HCP Claims Study, Study completed for Johnson & Johnson (PTY) LTD, Prepared by Kantar South Africa (PTY) LTD, May 2017. African Health Sciences 2005;(2): 131-136.
- Soil-transmitted Helminth Infections. WHO. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs366/en/ - Accessed 21 October 2015.
- Frequently Asked Questions On Deworming. http://www.education.gov.za/Portals/0/Documents/Publications/16%20FAQ%20.... Accessed 22 June 2016.
- Whitelaw, A, Digestive Health. Worms. Health 24 http://www.health24.com/Medical/Digestive-health/Common-digestive-disord... - Accessed 28 October 2016.